- Rapid turnaround of reports, most within 24 to 48 hours.
- Urgent biopsy results phoned and/or faxed, or available electronically.
- Pathologists from the local community who are always available to provide consultation on difficult or unusual cases, or to discuss a diagnosis with clinicians.
- Correlation of cytopathology and surgical pathology results with other PML tests as well as with results from five regional hospitals.
- Customer service oriented staff to assist physicians, their staff and patients.
- Electronic requisition and reporting capability.
- Timely courier pick-up and delivery services.
- Supplies provided to clients for specimen collection.
- Requisition forms provided to clients.
- Final patient results delivered daily by hard copy, fax, or electronically.
- Primary and secondary claims filed for most insurance plans.
- Medicare and Medicaid assignment accepted for North Carolina.
- High level of physician availability and expertise.
- All of our physicians are board certified in anatomic and clinical pathology and have a wide range of subspecialty skills, interest and expertise to include dermatopathology, gastroenterology pathology, urologic pathology, cytopathology and hematopathology.
- Our histology technicians, cytology technicians, and molecular technical staff are certified by the ASCP.
- PML Pathology strives to provide access to cost-effective advanced medical technology, expertise and research to ensure the most comprehensive services to patients and their physicians.
- PML provides the highest quality results available.
- We respect the privacy of all patients and their medical information.
- We correlate surgical and cytology specimen results.
- PML participates with Medicare, Medicaid and most other insurance plans.
For Physician Office Staff
- Rapid turnaround of results provided by courier, fax or electronically.
- Electronic requisitioning and reporting capability.
- Availability of our staff to answer any questions.
- Provision of supplies, as needed, to serve your patients.
- Access to local board certified pathologists in your specialty area, to provide consultation in complex or unusual cases, or to discuss any diagnosis.
- Access to advanced medical technology, expertise and research to ensure the best and most comprehensive services for your patients.
- Locally based pathology services supporting you, the people of Western North Carolina and the local economy.